Manor House School minibus drivers are responsible for the safety, comfort and welfare of the pupils using the vehicle. They provide a high standard of pupil care and act in a courteous manner when undertaking any duties on behalf of the School.
We are currently looking for a morning driver to run our new bus route to and from Dorking.
Hours would be 7.30-8.30am Monday to Friday term time only.
- Provide safe and responsible transportation of pupils using a Manor House School Minibus.
- Check the vehicle before each use and report any faults immediately to the Facilities Manager.
- Ensure a booster seat is provided, when required, before transporting pupil.
- Ensure all doors are secure before embarking on journey.
- Keeping the minibus clean and all equipment in good working order
- Refuel vehicle when necessary.
- Reporting any behaviour which is unsafe to the Facilities Manager or Director of Finance and Operations.
- Maintaining the image of the School by wearing a clean uniform in good condition.
- If destination is not Manor House School ensure the pupils are delivered to a responsible adult connected to the School.
- Work within the Health & Safety guidelines of the School and willing to be trained further if requested.
- Undertake the Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme if requested.
- Any associated duties to be carried out if requested by Facilities Manager.
We are looking for the following enthusiastic drivers who can show or demonstrate the following;
- Clean and valid driving licence with D1 unrestricted, PVC or D1 restricted (obtained before 1997)
- All Drivers need to be over 21, with at least 2 years’ experience, for statutory legislation
- Competent with maintaining records
- Experience of driving a minibus
- Ability to communicate effectively within the school environment and outside
- Polite, pleasant and patient manner
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible attitude if cover is needed
- Sensitive to user needs
- Geographical knowledge of Surrey and surrounding areas
- Basic maintenance of the minibus if required
For further information and an application form please contact the HR department on firstname.lastname@example.org or Miss Rose on 01372 455361.